So instead of focusing on an ideal that deep down you don’t even want, concentrate on the achievable and the attainable. You can build yourself a beauty regime and a lifestyle that you love by making a few small changes. You’ll notice a huge difference in how you look and feel and soon, you’ll find yourself telling everyone to do the same.
1. ExfoliateIf you don’t exfoliate regularly already, you need to change that. Cleansing is obviously an important step in your skincare routine, however once take off your makeup, your skin still needs a little extra care. When you exfoliate, use a good product or even a particular exfoliating brush to help remove dead skin cells on the surface of your skin. Once you do that, your skin will look a lot more radiant. And who wouldn’t want that?
2. Go NaturalWhen you're choosing skin care, hair care or even a makeup product, how do you decide which one to buy? Is it the color, the packaging or the brand that matters? Or maybe you buy something just because it was recommended to you? Either way, this might not be the best way to pick products. Instead, you should make an effort to use natural products, like those from Tropic Skincare. Applying less chemicals on your face definitely has it's benefits.
3. Be MindfulDo you look after yourself? Not just make sure you're fed, watered and safe, but really take care of your body? If not, you could be hindering your own happiness. It’s important to take steps towards keeping your body beautiful for longer. How your treat your body will affect how you feel. If you eat junk, you’ll feel like junk. If you eat well, you’ll feel amazing. There's not rocket science.
4. ExcerciseWe know we’re supposed to exercise 3-5 times a week, but sometimes, it’s easier said than done. However, you can’t deny that it is said for a reason. When you exercise, it can make you gorgeous. Exercise has many more benefits than helping you lose some weight or stay in shape. It affects your skin and hair too. You’ll also have more energy when you exercise and have better digestion. The benefits really do outweigh the effort you put into exercising.
5. Go Mani MadIf there’s one thing you should commit to on a regular basis, let it be your nails. Even if you let your hair go longer than the recommended 12 weeks between cuts, even if you never get facials and always forget to shave you legs, commit to your nails. When your nails are neat, you feel polished and put together. And there’s nothing quite like a chat with your nail tech to get over a bad week!
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.